e mërkurë, 7 nëntor 2007

Buildings uploaded for November 6, 2007

Here are the latest uploads to Google’s Cities in Development section of the 3D Warehouse since my last post.

Adelaide, South Australia

Chesser House (Adelaide)

Pretoria, South Africa



The HSRC undertakes 'social science research that maks a difference', work with all aspects of development and poverty alleviation in South Africa.It undertakes large-scale, policy relevant,collaborative research primarily for government departments at national, regional and local levels, other public entities, and local and international development agensies.

Shanghai, China

The Bund Waibaidu Bridge

Bahia Blanca, Argentina

Galeria Plaza

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Edificios Porteños Plaza I, II & III

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Heinz Field

Heinz Filed, home to the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers and the University of Pittsburgh Panthers college team, is located in the North Shore neighborhood across the Allegheny River from downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Due to yellow seats, Heinz Filed is lovingly nicknamed “The Mustard Palace” by many Pittsburgh-area sportscasters and locals alike. The stadium spans over 12 acres and has seating for more than 64,000. http://www.steelers.com/heinzfield/

Houston, Texas

George R. Brown Convention Center

The George R. Brown Convention Center, named for the prominent Houstonian George R. Brown, an entrepreneur, civic leader and philanthropist, is Houston’s premier meeting and conference location. Everything is bigger in Texas and the George R. Brown is no exception; nearly two million square feet of space makes this convention center one of the ten largest in America. Nestled in the heart of downtown the convention center is conveniently located between the Toyota Center and Minute Made Park. www.houstonconventionctr.com

Washington, D.C

The World Bank Headquarters

The World Bank building in Washington DC consists of a 7-story block, seated on a broad five story base. The construction of the building was finished in 1983, and the floors are surrounded on the outside by wide ledges, enclosed in an open wall of narrow vertical beams. There is a noticeable absence of natural materials, with the exception of the granite curbstones which are required by the city. Despite the hint of granite, all the materials for the building are man made.

Washington DC Convention Center

Located between two of the more eclectic neighborhoods the 100 foot curved glass entry of the Washing DC Convention Center opened in 2003. The planning, design and construction took nearly a decade to complete. The Atlanta based architects Thompson, Ventulett, Stainback and Associates, carried out the design work. Without dwarfing and standing out from the surrounding neighborhoods, the design firm embraced Charles Pierre L’Enfant’s original city grid model for building, and intended for the structure to add another well integrated element to a city rich in architectural diversity and richness.

901 New York Ave

The 901 New York Ave building is located in the heart of Washington D.C., half-way between the White House and the U.S. Capitol Building. Built in 2005, the 11-story Class A office building was developed by Boston Properties at the intersection of three of the five major business thoroughfares in downtown: New York Avenue, Massachusetts Avenue and K Street. Designed by award winning architectural firm Davis Carter Scott, the dramatic combination of glass walls and cast stone merge to create an esthetic yet fictional space.

Cathedral of Saint Matthew the Apostle

Cited as having “One of the most beautiful church interiors of modern times” the Cathedral of Saint Matthew the Apostle’s interior walls bear shimmering mosaic tile work. Construction began in 1893 and the then church was completed in 1895. By 1939 it was designated as a cathedral, and notably, served as the site for John F. Kennedy’s funeral mass in 1963. Architect C. Grant LaFarge of New York designed the building.

Franciscan Monastery

The Memorial Church of the Holy Sepulchre, a Franciscan Monastery located in Washington, D.C. was designed by the Roman architect Aristide Leonori, and built between 1898–1899. Designed after the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, the church is laid out like the five-fold Crusader Cross of Jerusalem. Designated as a National Historic Site in 1991, the monastery has been a place of worship and pilgrimage since it’s dedication in 1899.

Nuk ka komente: