e enjte, 15 nëntor 2007

Buildings uploaded for November 15, 2007

Here are the latest uploads to Google’s Cities in Development section of the 3D Warehouse since my last post.

Nagoya, Japan

Chunichi BLDG

Looks like we have another city to add to Cities in Development.. Actually we have a ton of stuff. Let’s all welcome…

Modells of Hungary by Town


Széchenyi Square, County Hall

In the plot of the building there used to be several, smaller buildings during the centuries. In the 18th century, bishop Ferenc Nesselrode - having bought up the plots here - had a multy-storey apartment house built here. The present building, according to the date of year (MDCCCLXLVIII), was built in 1898 - as a Savings Bank. In compliance with the prevailing taste of the era, its style is eclectic in which elements of former, historic styles are mingled but here we can already notice the beginnings of Art Nouveau, as well. The ceramic decoration of the building is the product of the Zsolnay factory. In the majolica reliefs of the façade - as well as in the ceiling fresco of the grandiose, inside staircase - bees collecting the nectar into the hives can be seen, that are unambiguous allegories of the Savings Bank which collects the smaller deposits of the inhabitants. Text by Gaieus

The Mosque of pasha Gazi Khassim

The first Turkish pasha of Pécs, Gazi Khassim (the "Victorious") had it built in the middle of the 16th century approximately in the place of the Medieval main church of the town, the St Bartholomew Parish Church, that was demolished at that time. Of its two main parts of the building, the original, Turkish one is which faces the square. Of the original interior - apart from some fresco fragments - only the mihrab (worship niche marking the direction of Mecca), also decorated with stalactite vaulting, has survived. The church gained a more and more Baroque aspect during the repeated reconstructions until the restoration in its original form took place; it regained its present appearance between 1939 and 1942. The ogee-arch windows were reconstructed and in place of the original entrance the new, semicircular, Bauhaus wing in the northwest was built at this time - the latter decorated by a local painter Ernő Gebauer. Originally two minarets were to be attached to the reconstructed mosque but finally this failed to materialize. Text by Gaieus

Miskolc, Hungary

Avasi kilátó

Sopron, Hungary

Tűztorony (Fire tower)

Originaly built by The Roman Empire in the 14th century. It is the symbol of the town of Sopron in Hungary.
Sopron TV tower

Szeged, Hungary

Szeged Sas u. 2/3

Gyöngyvirág 8b

Nyíregyháza, Hungary

Erdő sori társasház

Szentendre, Hungary

Skanzen, Harangtorony

Skanzen, Mándoki templom

Siófok, Hungary

Water tower in Siófok, Hungary

Veszprém, Hungary


Dunaújváros, Hungary

Headquarters of Grabarics Ltd

Mezőtúr, Hungary

Társasház- Mezőtúr, Földvári út 45

Víztorony Mezőtúr

Vác, Hungary

Váci Piarista Gimnázium

Pomáz, Hungary

Otthon Luppa utca



Dublin, Ireland

Papal Cross, Phoenix Park

Lima, Perú


Cruz del Cerro San cristobal

Nuk ka komente: